Wednesday 7 March 2012

Question Time with Donna

This week my questions have been set for me by a Twitter friend and fellow blogger, Donna Trinder.  She’s also a big Misfit fan so I’m delighted to be featuring her.  Her blog can be found here.

Here goes:

Your 'dinner party dish'. What is your favourite/best recipe to cook?

I love entertaining and I think my all time, never-fail menu is smoked salmon paté to start followed by Boeuf Bourguignon with Dauphinoise potatoes and asparagus.  I like to finish with a rich chocolate mouse and then a stinky cheese and biscuits.  Stuff the calories!

Who would you choose to write a novel based on your life?

I really admire the work of Lisa Jewell.  Her depth of characters and ability to draw her readers into a plot leave me aching with envy.

Which actress would you choose to play you in a movie of your life? And which movie role would you love to act?

Meryl Streep would be my first choice.  She seems to be able to turn her hand to any role and totally become that person.  Equally, I’d like to play her role in Mama Mia.  What fun!  And all those gorgeous men too.

If you could start a business, what would it be?  Imagine you have all the skills to be what you want to be.

I’d be a party planner - kids, grown-ups, weddings.  To be paid to deliver fun to people would be heaven on a plate.

Which song would sum up your life?

Good grief, what a question!  As a Mummy Misfit I guess I’d say, “Tears of a Clown” because I often look OK on the outside but inside I’m drowning, screaming and swearing!

Three honest words to describe your personality?

Caring, loyal and nervous.

What’s the biggest risk you have ever taken?

I’m not a risk taker, I’m too much of a scaredy-cat so this is a tricky one but it would probably be making the decision to privately educate our son.  It’s paid off but been a constant financial strain.  And we’ve missed out on holidays.  But it’s been worth it !

And now my questions for you, Donna.

If money was no object, what would your dream holiday be?

If you could have a special power, what would it involve?

What would you treat yourself to if someone gave you enough money for a frivolity that was JUST for you?

If there was one thing you could change about your personality, what would it be?

You can only listen to one artist/band for the rest of your life.  Who is it?

Which TV chat show host would you most like to be interviewed by?

What’s your ideal night out?

I’m always eager to learn more about my readers too.  So, if you’d like to answer any of the above questions, please share.  I’m also happy to answer any of your questions aimed at a Mummy Misfit and am happy to contribute to your blog or website.
                                                                                                 
Don’t forget you can buy my novels at Amazon and Lulu.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh fab answers!
    And again I have to smile at the lovely little snippets of you that are shared with Libby.
    I think I can share the song with you...!
    I absolutely love your questions, and look forward to answering them.
    Many thanks xx

    ReplyDelete