Tuesday 3 September 2013

Announcing FUNKY FRIDAY!



Yesterday I threw a little idea out into the Twitterverse - a new spot on the blog called ‘FUNKY FRIDAY’ where I interview writers, reviewers and readers.  This will be aside from my usual weekly blog posts.

It was just the seed of an idea.  I’ve featured on so many other blogs, and had the occasional visit from fellow Indies here on mine, so I thought I’d see if anyone wanted to take me up on the offer to make it a regular feature.

My day disappeared!  So many lovely people jumped at the idea and were willing to see what I had to ask them.  Tweet after tweet, DM after DM and email after email!  I now have nearly forty people lined up for a slot!

So … each Friday, for as long as the interest is maintained, I’ll be interviewing either a writer or a reader/reviewer.  I’ll include all links to their books, blogs, Facebook, Twitter etc. and aim to ask questions that are slightly different to the norm.

I’ll also include a NEWSFLASH section at the end so that anyone involved in the project can include their book-related news.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has given this support - let’s make this fun and something that works for all of us.

FUNKY FRIDAY’S September line up will be:

Friday 6th September - Jennifer Bohnet - writer

Friday 13th September - Carol Wright from Dizzy C’s Little Book Blog - reviewer

Friday 20th September - Michelle Betham - writer

Friday 27th September - Fabulous Book Fiend - reviewer

Please feel free to contact me if you’d also like to take part.  Slots are now filled until mid January (!) and I’m doing it on a strictly first come, first served basis.


****** NEWSFLASH ******

I’ve finished the first draft of my new novel due for release in December and am currently editing my Christmas novella ready for October.

MICHELLE BETHAM is due to release ‘Extra Time’ - the sequel to ‘Striker’ some time this month.  Watch this space!


CAROL HEDGES has signed with Crooked Cat and will release her TWELFTH novel at the end of this year.  She’ll be featuring here when she can find time to breathe!

NICKY WELLS will be releasing ‘Sophie’s Encore’ on 5th September and will also be chatting  here soon.

KATHRYN BROWN launches her new chicklit novel TODAY!  ‘Bedknobs and Bachelors’ - I can’t wait to read it and also to feature Kathryn on FUNKY FRIDAY!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me the chance to take part in Funky Friday, Amanda. I think this is going to be a fab feature, and I can't wait to read everyone's posts! A fabulous idea! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can't wait to be part of Funky Friday too!! Thank you for asking me!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Amanda. Love your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea, Amanda. A great way to find out more about other writers and reviewers and also to give back. Hope your interviews are a great success :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the invitation! And what a superb line up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I'd love to be involved, if you still have room. One novel published, another due out (if there are no snags) in mid-November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - if you've a Friday free (not in jan as I'll be in Cuba) I'd love a slot. (Will try to work out how to contact you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your support - it's been FAB! Now booked until mid January but anyone who would like to contact me for a slot after that can tweet me @mummy_misfit or send me a message on Facebook.
    Can't believe how quickly this has taken off - readers and writers are a lovely bunch :)

    ReplyDelete