Wednesday 21 May 2014

Muddling through

I've been on a bit of a learning curve this week - it's not been a pleasurable experience (although it has had its moments) but it had to happen and I'll come out the other end a stronger person (or so I'm told).

Things I've found out so far:

Cats will throw up huge dollops of sick when they know you're the only one around to clean it and the mere thought almost results in the possibility of human sick being added to the equation.

I have the best friends in the world.  A blog will follow next week on this but I am truly blessed.

Cars will break down when you least need them to.

Mechanics will flirt with the 'little lady' and touch your bottom in a cheeky fashion.  They will also make sexist comments like, 'Oh, you broke it did you?'

Because you want your car fixed urgently, you let randy mechanic get away with it and then kick yourself afterwards.

The teen is a young man to be proud of and is fantastic company, even when he beats me at Scrabble, poker and just about any other game we turn our hands to.

Recycling is a complicated job and one that I'm not very keen on.

A second bout of weight loss makes your trousers start to fall down as you walk.

Garlic mushrooms on toast with rocket and parmesan are the best things to eat when everything else tastes like cardboard mixed with sawdust.

A glass of wine on a Tuesday lunchtime is a bad idea.

I have a first class honours degree in worrying.

I can throw together salmon steaks on a bed of spinach and tomato with new potatoes for a dinner guest in twenty minutes, even when I have no brain.

Never to watch 'Friends' with aforementioned guest again as he will talk, ask questions and drive others up the wall.  Picture watching something with a five year old and you've got it.

I have the most romantic husband in the world.

1 comment:

  1. It always helps when you can have a good laugh about things! Looks like you're coping very well though - so good on you : )

    ReplyDelete