Tuesday 23 October 2012

More About The Misfit


This week I’m continuing with a series of questions posed to me by a Twitter pal, @jackie495.  You can read the last interview here.  Jackie and I met on Twitter a few months back and instantly hit it off.  After meeting face to face, we regularly have a gossip on the phone and we’ll be getting together again in November - the joy of social networking, where faceless people become real friends!

These are the things Jackie wanted to know about Mummy Misfit:


What’s your favourite colour?

Black, every time!  The majority of my wardrobe is black.  It’s slimming, classy and can be dressed up or down.  A nightmare for cat and dog hair though!

We've all had weird dreams Amanda, but what’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

The most peculiar dream I ever had was when I was about five or six.  There are some local shops just around the corner from us and every time we go there the dream still comes back to me vividly.  I was being chased around the area by a giant gollywog and he was laughing in a really menacing way.  This dream has stayed with me for 43 years - and still makes me shiver.  The weird thing is I LOVED gollywogs when I was growing up and I had a huge collection of them.  Why would I have a nightmare about them?

A recurring dream - at least once a month - is that I’m on stage and don’t know any of my lines.  It’s horrible!

If you bumped your car into another and the owner wasn't around would you leave your telephone number?

In the words of ‘Rainman’ … ‘I’m an excellent driver!’ so I wouldn’t bump anyone’s car but if I did, of course I’d leave my number - very honest, me!

What’s your favourite joke?

What’s the difference between erotic and kinky?
Erotic is using a feather, kinky is using the whole chicken!

Do you cheat when you play board games or any other kind of game?

No!  I hate cheats and don’t see the point of playing if you have to use underhand tactics.  I do get very stroppy when playing ‘Guitar Hero’ or ‘Buzz’ with hubby and son though.  ‘Guitar Hero’ because son makes me sing songs I don’t know and ‘Buzz’ because I’m always winning until the pie throwing part starts - they always hit me with their pies and I lose all my points! 

Apart from your disgusting smoking habit (ha ha!) do you have any other habits?

Worrying is my worst habit.  I worry about everything.  All of the time.  And I’ll always find something to panic about.  For instance, my books are selling really well  - I should be happy with that, right?  Nope, not me!  I’m already in a flap, thinking about what happens when the sales slow down.  Happily I have a very easy going hubbie who keeps me grounded and talks me back down.

If you were asked to sing a duet with Paul McCartney would you?  And can you actually sing?

I’d love to sing with Sir Paul.  Call me odd but I find him quite tasty!  And, yes, I can hold a tune so I reckon we’d do a good job of it.

What's your favourite film?

I have to be greedy and go for a few here.  ‘Dirty Dancing’, ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘Evita’, ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’, and ‘Shawshank Redemption’.

Where did the inspiration come from to write ‘Stilettos & Stubble’?

I wanted to write about a larger lady - a less than perfect heroine.  Watching Miranda one night, the whole plot popped into my head.  She is my Persephone (people are asking how this is pronounced and it’s ‘Purse - effonie’ but she prefers Percy or Perce).  Putting her in a drag club setting provided heaps of opportunities for humour - and, no, she doesn’t work as a drag queen!  Read the book to find out more - released 28th November.

If you found a magic lamp, which three wishes would you ask the genie to grant?

Ooh tricky!  I think the simplest option would be health, wealth and happiness.  And one extra, please - to always keep my son safe and guide him to make sensible decisions in life.

Thanks to Jackie for these weird and wonderful questions.  I’m happy to receive any others from my readers and also always willing to do guest blogs.  Leave a comment or DM me on Twitter.

Check out my three books on Amazon and Lulu  - soon to become four!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment