Friday 21 March 2014

FUNKY FRIDAY - with Author Elle Field


I'm delighted to welcome fellow musical lover and writer, Elle Field to FUNKY FRIDAY this week.

So, Elle, you admit to being a fan of musicals - which is your absolute fave, the one you could watch over and over again, and why?

I've seen We Will Rock You five times, so that's definitely the one I could go back to the theatre and watch over and over again! I'm a big fan of Queen but sadly was too young to ever them see in concert when Freddie was alive - We Will Rock You is probably the closest I'll ever get to experiencing the magic of "Queen" live on stage.

What inspired you to put pen to paper?

I've been scribbling down stories all my life and always wanted to be an author. Since it's not a job you find advertised and can just apply for, it's something I had to do myself - putting pen to paper and cracking on with it. I decided that Arielle, the main character in my first book Kept, would have a childhood career dream like me; Kept explores whether she can make that happen, except her dream was to be the next Coco Chanel, not an author.

What's the first book you remember reading as a child?

Probably the Puddle Lane books. I used to love reading about the Gruffle, the Griffle, and all the other characters down on Puddle Lane. It was a TV series too, I remember, but I definitely preferred reading the books!

Dream time! Your ultimate book launch ... where would it be, who would be there? Food, drink, music, outfit?

Since my last book Geli Voyante's Hot or Not is set in London and Durban, I think my dream launch would take place on both sides of the Equator - I'd have two launches! Everyone who is anyone would be there - along with my nearest and dearest - and we'd eat and drink local delicacies, dance all night, and make sure that the party was awesome enough to meet Geli's approval so she'd include it as 'Hot' in her column! ;)

Tell us a bit about your writing day.

As I still work full-time whilst writing, I don't have the luxury of a writing day - I have to snatch hours on my lunch break, in the evenings, on weekends and when I'm on holiday. When I was in Turkey this summer, I would wake up early, edit for 2-3 hours, and then hit the pool. It was a nice routine whilst I was there, but it's harder to be a morning person here in the UK when the weather is raining and miserable. I'm more likely now to write in the evenings and into the night, but I make sure that throughout the day I do some promotion and engage with my readers (and friends) using social media.

What's your ultimate goal as a writer?

I'd love my books to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, and I would hope that they would touch people's lives and encourage them to follow their dreams like certain books have touched my life and influenced me.

QUICK FIRE ROUND

Planner or Winger?
Winger

Night or Morning?
Night

Doer or procrastinator?
Procrastinator

Writing/first draft or editing?
First draft

Tea or coffee?
Tea

Elle's books are available on Amazon and Goodreads (paperback).

You can also find her at her Blog or on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks for joining me, Elle.



* * * NEWSFLASH * * *

'Lottie's Luck' has been making me proud and holding its own on Amazon.uk.  It's been in the Top 100 in the romantic comedy category and hovering around the #1,000 mark overall - I couldn't be happier.

The current work-in-progress is hurtling towards the end of its first draft and is on target for a June release.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, and congratulations on all your success with Lottie's Luck. :)

    ReplyDelete