Friday 6 December 2013

FUNKY FRIDAY - with author Mandy Baggot

Today I welcome one of the queens of chicklit as we chat in our chicken suits.  Yes, really.  More of that later.  Welcome ... Mandy Baggot.


So, Mandy, what are the best and the worst things about writing for you?

The best thing is when you get lovely readers emailing and messaging you telling you how much they loved your story. We love creating our worlds and characters but it’s no good if the readers don’t like them!

The worst thing is not having enough hours in the day to get everything done a writer needs to, as well as spending time with the family and keeping the house tidy. I usually don’t bother with the house!

I'm so with you on that!  OK, you've been invited on Big Brother - Writers Special! Do you accept?

Absolutely!! There isn’t much I wouldn’t do in the name of publicity! You’re speaking to the lady who dressed up in a chicken suit in the name of promo!

… and here's the proof!

You're going on a chat show to discuss your books! Whose is it and why?

Graham Norton! I actually said this in a talk at the Romantic Novelists’ Association conference. We had to write a short newspaper ad - like a Lonely Hearts column - searching for a publisher. I wrote ‘Award-winning author seeks publisher to get her on Graham Norton. Must join in tweets about food.’ I think his show is fun and I might get the chance to sit next to someone like Bruce Willis!

I have to say that my first choice would be Alan Carr - so much so that I blogged about my imaginary interview here!  Right, moving on.  If you were offered a squillion pounds to never write again would you take it?

No. Actually that depends. If I was given a squillion pounds and warned if I wrote again I would get kidnapped and tortured I wouldn’t take it. If there were no threats I would take it ... and write under another name! It’s hard to stop a writer writing!

It's your dream week as a writer - anything's possible! Tell us about it.

No husband. No children. Just me, my latest WIP, a cupboard full of instant mash and a fridge full of wine ... I’m easily pleased!

Oooh, instant mash!  Really?  

QUICK FIRE ROUND

Planner or Winger?
Winger ... I know no other way!

Night or Morning?
Morning

Doer or procrastinator?
Doer

Writing/first draft or editing?
Writing ... does anyone like editing?

Tea or coffee?
Tea!

You can buy Mandy's latest release on Amazon here. The book I can highly recommend is 'Knowing me Knowing You.'  Oh, it made me chuckle!



And here are her other links:

Thanks, Mandy.  It was great to chat.  Can I take the chicken suit off now?
***** NEWSFLASH *****

My own latest book 'Tabby & Kat' is all ready to go and release date is next Thursday 12th December on Amazon for Kindle and in paperback at Lulu.  You can see my yummy cover and read the first chapter here.

My Twitter buddy Jamie Dougan has released his novella, 'Offside!' you can download your copy here for just 77p and I'll be featuring an interview with the lead character Shane within the next week.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Amanda! Just sat by the phone now waiting for Graham Norton to call *sigh*!

    ReplyDelete