Wednesday 6 June 2012

Fanfare Please!

So did you have a lovely long weekend of Jubilee celebrations?  Did you feel a little let down by our Great British weather or were you not surprised?  After all, Bank holiday = rain!

I was dragged, kicking and screaming (literally!) by my Aussie husband to see the gathering of the boats for the flotilla, down on the Thames at Putney.  This involved parking the car and then taking a rather muddy hike across the common to get to the river.  Relieved I’d ditched the sandals and gone back to boots, the trudge with lingering sciatica was still not good.  Neither was the fine rain in my hair or the pain in my cold ears.  Not a very happy bunny!

Once we’d seen the majority of the rowing boats set off, hubbie was still looking rather too keen for more.  ‘OK.’  I told him.  ‘I’m happy to drive along the river to see what we can see from the car.’  Son seemed happy enough with this too as he could plug himself into his iPod and become a non-communicative teen again.

Little did I know that we'd end up near Battersea Park, where hubbie had other ideas - to find a parking spot and hit the river again.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  I’m not a misery guts but by this point I had the hump.  I’m not a massive Royalist, I have a very annoying bladder (which tells me I need to pee if it knows it can’t) and I HATE crowds.

But we did it.  Aussie husband loves the spectacle and pageantry.  He got his way and I was then rewarded with pizza and wine.  Son enjoyed giving us a running commentary of what the Queen might be saying.  ‘Oh, Phil!  Hope I didn’t leave the gas on.’  And, ‘Gagging for a G&T old boy!’  A good time was (eventually) had by all.

Then, yesterday we had our street party - well what can I say?  It was very British - we were drenched but we sang through the rain and did our best to enjoy ourselves.  Community spirit rules!

But during all of the festivities and jubilation, the main thing in the back of my mind was the arrival of today.  It might be have been a busy time for Queenie but it’s been pretty full on for me too.  FANFARE PLEASE, as today is the launch of my third novel ‘Completing the Puzzle.’

If you’ve read the Mummy Misfit books, I hope you’ll continue on my writing journey into romance and see what else I’m capable of.  Fingers crossed you’ll like it because I’m currently working on my fourth novel (release date December) and if you all say you just want more Misfit Madness, I may cry.  A lot!

So here’s the blurb:

Middle aged and middle-of-the-road,
Fee Crawford has been drifting through life in a passionless marriage
and hurtling towards the menopause.

With her twin boys grown up and needing her less,
why does she still feel incomplete?

Coping with her elderly dad, increasingly distant husband
and flighty best friend, Cordelia,
her life seems to be spiralling out of control.

Will a chance meeting with a handsome vet
be the missing link to make everything fall into place?

From the author of the ‘Mummy Misfit’ books comes:
‘COMPLETING THE PUZZLE’
A tale of families, love and mid-life crisis.



So, what do you think?  If you’re tempted, head on over to Amazon to pick up your copy for Kindle for just £1.97 or in paperback at Lulu.

It will be a scary week for me as I watch my sales and wait for the first reviews to trickle in.  But I have a lovely book launch dinner to look forward to on Saturday.

Watch this space, I may post photos.

          *          *          *          *          *

All THREE of my books can be found at Amazon or Lulu - just look for me, AMANDA EGAN

4 comments:

  1. Well I am 43% of the way through and I have only stopped briefly to send an email and of course you can't do that without checking Twitter and Facebook can you?
    Loving it so far Amanda. Another success I feel!! :-) Will be back with the final verdict when I've finished.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Moira you're racing through it. I can't wait to start reading it but being good & trying to save it till I go away next week! Not sure how successful I'll be!
    :-) #baggiesbeta xx
    http://alwaysbeafriend.com/2012/06/completing-the-puzzle-by-amanda-egan/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished! Loved it. Read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me - behind already! Congratulations Amanda. Will be putting my order in soon.

    ReplyDelete